Friday, July 22, 2011

You Change Your Life by Changing Your Heart

     The last few days have not been very eventful in our house.   The 3 girls in the house act very much like sisters now.  I keep waiting for an annoyed 15 year old attitude, but it never comes.  Keira and Carley are attached to her at all times with  Keira in her lap and Carley on the translator.  Carley has resumed her role as big sister even though Masha is 8 years older.  Carley has tried very hard to learn Russian and teach Masha as much English as possible.  Carley acts like mother hen almost babying Masha like she is Keira's age.  I see a lot of Liz in Carley when I see her interactions with Masha.  It always puts a huge smile on my face to see a mini Liz(If she has the half the heart as her mom I have zero worries for her).  Keira on the other hand treats her like the "greatest playmate ever."   Masha and Keira have really hit it off.  Mostly due to the fact Keira never wants to come inside and Masha is right there with her.  They would both stay outside riding bikes until they wore the tires off the bikes.  I am really not looking forward to the heart ache of her leaving.  Keira will recovery fast, but Carley will take it hard I am sure.

    Last night was a special night for me as Liz went out for girls night and I had all 3 girls to myself.  It is really a rare occasion that I get them to myself for 8 hours.  Carley and Keira both spent the first 3 hours of the evening at gymnastics, so Masha and I did the things I do not really see Liz doing with her.  First stop was by the bike shop to let her get googly eyed over all the pretty bikes.  I know some might think it is mean, but I personally go in all the time and look at my dream bike that I will never purchase.  Plus, it gave me ideas for what she likes once we bring her back permanently.  Next it was on to car shopping one of my favorite past times.   If the salesman would not have talked so much we were about to get in a brand new Z51 Vette and take it for a spin.  Unfortunately we ran out of time and I had to get the girls at gymnastics. He gave me his card and said comeback anytime, so hopefully I will fit in a ride in some American Muscle before she leaves (Of Coarse she Picked the bright Yellow one).

     We got home that night at bed time for my girls, so it was bath and sleep for them right after dinner.  This was nice because it was the first time I have gotten any quality time myself with Masha.   I will say it is strange to sit in the living room and communicate with someone and the room is dead silent.  I turned on the T.V. just because it was to quiet for me.  We had a nice conversation through Google Translate about her experience here, her home, friends, and family.  She smiled the entire time she talked about our family to me and was laughing a good portion of the time.  It felt very much like my runs or bike rides with Carley.  I was getting a view into the real Masha that guards her self so well.  I am left out on most of what she likes about being here, but she rarely says anything about an experience without including how great Liz, Carley, and Keira made it.    We stayed up until about 1230 that night chatting and laughing.  Maybe the best part of the night was about 1100.  Liz still was not home and Masha typed in that she was worried that Mama was not home and would like me to call and check on her.  I asked her if she wanted her to come home, and she said no just wanted to make sure she was OK.  Liz came in the door shortly after to Masha's relief.  As soon as Liz walks in Masha leaves my side to go sit in a chair under a blanket with Liz. I enjoy seeing how much Masha adores Liz, but I was disappointed that my dad night was over with her and my girls.  As much time as I spend at work I really cherish the alone time I get.

    A quick update on our news from across the pond.  Guess what? We still do not know anything about Masha's availability.   Honestly I really do not expect to find out anything until well after she goes back so I am not overly surprised.   I guess I am getting a lesson in patience which is not one of my virtues. Since it is taking so long I keep waiting to get second thoughts or come up with a real negative so far it has yet to happen.  We are going into our last full week with Masha.  I have taken the week off, so hopefully we can send her off with a bang.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if She'll be available for hosting in December?! Better snatch her up again before someone else finds out how great she is. I love that She is so patient with your girls. I also love to hear you describe Keira's Personality. She's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Chris and Liz. If you wish to host her again at Christmas and her orphanage allows it, your family is offered the chance first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some one on one bonding with Masha. Masha's closeness to Liz reminds me of Anya. Anya is very protective and worries about me. Telling me when she thinks I need to eat or sleep, or if Bella is being naughty and hitting me or pulling my hair (sorry to break it to you Chris, but Bella has a naughty streak) she jumps to help me and make Bella stop hurting me.

    ReplyDelete