Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to Reality

     Unfortunately I had to go back to reality today and go to work.    It did sound like I missed good day.  The girls were both excited that Masha said their name directly, they got to swim for several hours, and Liz got some more one on one bonding time.  I got home to an even more relaxed Masha. She is not blazing a trail with English, but she is starting to try it out on things she is confident in.   She is similar to a little duckling as she mirrors everything Liz does. If Liz showers, brushes her teeth, or changes Masha will do the same.   Dinner was at Outback since she loves Mac & Cheese, but she ate 3 bites and said she liked Liz's out of the box Shell Mac & Cheese.   As soon as we got home from dinner she went straight out side to ride the bike.  The only real parenting thing that we have had to do is have her come back in and change into more appropriate play clothes.  Even though she is quiet and shy, she definitely likes to be outside as we spend every evening outside till well after dark the last few days.  I thought our ridiculous heat would discourage a lot of out door activities, but it does not seem to bother her.   She practiced bike riding for a couple of hours than sat on the curb with some of the neighborhood girls and chatted with the translator.  Masha, Carley, Keira, and several of the neighbor girls convinced Liz to have a sleep over.  Right now we have 6 or 7 (I lost count some where in there) little girls up stairs playing musical chairs right above my room.  I am amazed how girls ranging from ages 5 to 15 can all play together.  We are very lucky to have a group of really good girls that surround our house.
     Really nothing epic to report today.  She did speak to her chaperone for 15 minutes and was laughing the entire time giving very animated responses.  She also decided after seeing Keira play tennis today she would try it out with our Russian tennis coach next time they go.  Things appear to be getting easier a little bit every day.  Now we just sit back and see how things play out.   We plan on enjoying everyday with her as much as possible.  If everything goes as I would love for it to we may just add another little girl to the house hold.  My mom told me once I would have all girls.  I am not sure this is exactly what she would have had in mind, but I know she would have love it.  

2 comments:

  1. Aw work... such a bummer. I have been trying to squeeze in work early in the morning since I can work from home. We stay up late every night too, and thankfully the kids all sleep late.
    It sounds like things are going so good. I bet Masha and Anya would get along, they sound very similar. Anya will do whatever I want to do, even if given the option of going and doing something more fun with someone else. I think I will take Anya for a bike ride today, I have no bikes, but Rach has a garage full of them, so hopefully I can find a couple that will work.
    So Carly and Kiera aren't having any jealously issues over Liz and Masha spending time together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not noticed any jealousy issues. Most of the quiet time Liz has gotten with Masha is when the girls are occupied with gymnastics or tennis. I have also tried to really make a point to spend time with Carley. Keira really just thinks the more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete