Tuesday, June 28, 2011

While Everyone is Sleeping

Airport pickup went pretty smooth. All the kids that got off the plane looked exhausted, nervous, and excited all at the same time. They all appeared very sweet and if able to we'd keep them all I'm sure. Masha gave us a huge smile and my girls returned it with a huge hug. She appears to have a very sweet demeanor. First thing she asked to do was take a shower then go to bed. It's all me and Liz can do is sit quietly in our hotel and watch 3 precious little girls sleep. I had little doubt when we signed up to do this that it was the right thing. Now I know for 110% that it was the right thing to do. I felt that it was us providing a gift/opportunity for a child when we started this, but now I think maybe we may be the ones that are going to be blessed by her. I'm pretty sure we will be having a home study as soon as we can get it done now.

1 comment:

  1. OK....This Momma is now has tears! I remember the very 1st night (just a year ago) we picked up Noah and all those feels you are living now. It was simply the coolest thing ever! My hubby was excited to share our home and help a child but once Noah was in our arms and care oh my! :) We put the kids to bed and my husband went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. He was in there forever! lol He came out and told be he he had started to cry (of happiness and blessings) and got a nose bleed! LOL...ok now we laugh. :)
    You expressed how we also felt so perfectly.... "I felt that it was us providing a gift/opportunity for a child when we started this, but now I think maybe we may be the ones that are going to be blessed by her." <3
    As I sit here in Riga Latvia (for our own adoption trip) We were just in your shoes 1 year ago. Now we are flying home in a few days with our new son! Go...get that crazy homestudy prepared...just in case"...;) Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete