Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pick Up Day

Well the day is here to pick up Masha. The excitement in the hotel room is almost tangible. We are trying to come up with a plan to keep us busy until she gets here. We have to wait until 8 this evening for her to arrive. Liz has had her earphones in her ears all morning brushing up on Russian. I've just decided to wing it mostly. I got through basic greetings, but that's about it. I figure my non verbal communication skills will be challenged this evening. I haven't had any nervous feelings today. Other than the excitement I'm feeling really calm. Of coarse the calm could be due to the 3000 calories of cinnamon rolls I ate this morning though. I guess my wife's super nesting has paid off for me as well in the calm department.
Liz and I have spent a lot of the morning going over the things we are unsure how to communicate with Masha. Most of it centers around the bathroom. As we are having the discussion, Keira our 5 year old proceeds to go in the bathroom leaving the door wide open to potty. We both laughed thinking one problem solved by the five year old. Now we just have to make sure the door gets closed. I figure Lizzy will have to be leader of most the other discussions. I guess that's one bonus to getting another girl in the house. I've decided my job will be the swimming, bike riding lessons, and all things fun. Never thought I'd be running up and down the street with a 15 year old teaching them how to ride a bike. At least I have all the safety equipment known to man. I'm sure we will be flying by the seat of our pants with just about everything. Some reason I feel that my two little girls are going to make most things much easier. They speak in their own language half the time anyway.
Last, but maybe the most important thing I want to ask all that read this blog is to keep us in your prayers. We are really wanting to make a difference in this litte girls life. If it is just 5 weeks or turns into a lifetime, Liz and I both really hope to show her what it is like to be loved and appreciated like every little girl should be.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear how day 1 goes. So impressed that Liz is learning Russian. She is such a go-getter:)!

    ReplyDelete