Sunday, August 28, 2011

Carley Elisabeth Atchley.

    Well this blog is really the Atchley Chronicles, not just the adopt Masha from Ukraine blog, so  I wanted to spend sometime talking about one of the most special little girls in my life, Carley Elisabeth.   Carley started off as a little surprise as we were right in the middle of grad school and were planning on holding off on having kids until we were done.  Even though we were definitely not financially ready for her we could not have been more ready as a couple to have a little girl.  The news immediately brought Liz and I closer together as we started to plan our life with the new addition to our house.  The first year of Carley's life was spent mostly in hotel room as I moved from hospital to hospital from Kansas, to Texas, and back to Kansas again.   We use to lay in our hotel bed as still as possible until she woke up on my days off.  I remember her peeking over the rail of her pack and play asking for mama.  Being that we had 17 cents in our checking account for the last 4 months of school she received uninterrupted attention from us as we could not afford to do anything else. She was all the entertainment we ever needed.   I am not sure who was blessed more by this her or us, but I am leaning more towards us.   I loved laying on the floor with her those four months and getting her to giggle endlessly.  She was exactly what we needed at the time after a very tough three years of school and my mom passing away.

      Today Carley is 7.5 years old, and yes the 0.5 is important to her.  Carley is everything and more I could ever ask for.   I sit nightly after putting her to bed looking at her in awe and thinking how could I have someone so amazing in my house.   Carley is a state champion gymnast, a swimmer, runner,  straight A student,  tennis player, and now a soccer player(The last one is not my favorite).  Beyond all that my Carley has a heart of gold.  I love seeing her empathy for her Papa and Gigi, her love for her little sister Keira, and her concern for everyone in the family's well being.   I could not be more proud everyday to say she is my daughter.  I am sure I could ramble on about my oldest for hours and just sound like a bragging parent, but I will save that and let Carley's own heart speak for itself.

Я тебя люблю Carley,
Daddy   








No comments:

Post a Comment