Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Conversations with Masha

     So the ball is starting to roll as we get everything we can prepared to go get Masha.  The date that will happen is still unknown to us, but we are pressing forward to accomplish as much as we can.  It has actually been quite the exciting week around here when it comes to news about Masha.   I wish I was involved with some of the excitement, but unfortunately I have to work and sleep sometimes. We have a confirmed picture that our flowers, postage, and letter were delivered.   Liz finally got to speak with Masha on the phone at 2:30 in the morning.  I have to give it to Liz's persistence as we have had 3 failed calls already(I gave up this last time and went to sleep), but she keeps on trying.   The excitement in Liz's voice when Masha picked up the phone was easily felt throughout the house at 2:30am as she woke everyone up screaming into the phone.  She then came to bed beaming after she got off with tears in her eyes and a huge smile. I think she slept better than she has since Masha left.   We have also had 3 more contacts with her on the phone in the last week.  Carley and Keira got talk to Masha as soon as they woke up.  Our translator that met us at the airport Elena got to speak to her and clarify some of the things we needed to say to her.  I am not sure Masha heard much of this conversation as she just kept asking if she is at least going to get to come back for Christmas.   I want to say a special thanks to Elena as she has donated a considerable amount of time and effort assisting/translating with Masha to help us out.  Marina, our Russian tennis coach, also got to have a 20 minute conversation with her.  Marina confirmed that she did in fact want to become part of our family, she also told Masha this would not be an over night process as it may take a year, that Christmas was not a for sure thing as we do not know if she will be available to be hosted again, and that a cell phone is going to be delivered to her from us so she can text or call anytime in the day or night.  Marina also expressed our feelings for Masha, and that we are doing everything we can to see her again as soon as humanly possible.   Masha freely told Marina that her family is very supportive of her becoming part of our family, and asked Marina if we received a letter she wrote us yet.  We have not, but Marina told her it can take as long as 3 weeks to get to us at times.  We are all checking the mail 10 times per day for this letter.


 I hope we get some with her smile in the future
  

     A quick update on what we have done and have upcoming.  The only big thing that is officially done and paid for is the homestudy, which is only the start of the paper work from what it looks like.  Tomorrow Liz is going to send out I600A paperwork and payment(i.e. FBI Finger Printing).  After that it looks like it will be time to pull out the check book and be taken to the bank by this process.   Masha is worth more than any amount of money, but I can not go without saying the fees for this stuff are absolutely ridiculous and borderline robbery. This will be the only time I mention money in any of my blogs, but I had to say it once so I would feel better.  Not to end on a negative note, we are making this whole thing an adventure in the Atchley household.  We know that there will be highs and lows as we get through this entire process, but the end result will be a match made in Heaven.

Christopher



   In the mean time.................


Preparing for First Day Of School!











3 comments:

  1. That is great you have got such communication lines open so quickly. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear when you finally get her first letter to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you all have gotten to talk with her finally. I'm a little jealous, but I know my time will come, and hopefully when Anya is back in school I can email her regularly. Anya emailed me once to see ask why I wont respond to her letters. (the language barrier and translating is so frustrating at times., I can't wait till she learns English.) I then got the brilliant idea to log into her email account (since I set it up, I know the password) then I could see for myself if she had read the emails I sent her. But the stinker changed her password. lol, I should have known.

    Anyway, the girls are adorable. I love looking at their pictures. I can't believe summer is over and it's back to school time. But that just means we are getting that much closer to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete