Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Second of Pain May Lead to a Lifetime of Greatness

   




 
    
      It has been a long time since I have had the time and energy to sit down and write.  Life in this house with 3 girls moves at light speed at times, and somethings just get placed on the back burner. So how are we fairing almost 3 years after bringing  Masha Nicole into the Atchley household?  Well, Liz continues to be the rock and the corner stone of the house.  She is mom, nurturer, FBI Agent, taxi, chef, tutor, enforcer, and the love of my life.  Carley is right in her footsteps with her need to overachieve in school, swim, and 2 a day gymnastics this summer.  She is more like Liz in every way everyday, and has pretty much declared she is the Alpha female in the house second to Liz.  Keira on the other hand still continues to be the light this house needs.  She has energy for days, kicks some gymnastics butt, and just plain makes this house a happier place.  She beams with positive energy and a zeal for life.  The one person I know if I'm having a rough day will be the first to give me hugs and snuggle, which takes away almost any ill mood.  Just like Carley is a mini Liz, I believe in my heart Keira has the light my mom once had.  My role in the house has not changed much.  I am the support and the provider.  I basically just try to keep up with the controlled chaos the best I can.  

     Now for the person this blog exists, Masha.   It has been an interesting first few years for us as a new family of 5.  I won't say it has been all rainbows and unicorns, but she has had some pretty significant accomplishments considering her start in life.   The highs include; a 4.0 student, Honor Society, she's passed 2/4 End of Instruction Exams, Driving Permit, a Car she assisted with a small amount of the down payment, a first date, a volunteer job at the Children's Hospital, and a much greater grasp of English.  Where there are highs there are inevitably lows to go with them, and we have had our share.  They are not unexpected, but that does not make things any easier.  I will not disclose our hardships as they are private and for Masha to share at some point in her life if she chooses.  I do hope she does share her story to help future children or teens that come from similar backgrounds.  I  pray that she will someday understand that all the pushing and expectations we place on her are to help her write her own story independent of us or anyone's assistance. My dream for her is to have what Liz and I have someday if she wants.   A crazy, imperfect, out of control, moving at the speed of light loving family of her own.  


1 comment: